The Ranger Survey Meter
The Ranger offers maximum performance in a lightweight, rugged solution for surveying at the facility or in the field. The Ranger has been designed for industrial environments, but it still has all of the features you’ve come to love in the lab. The Ranger is a small, handheld, digital radiation survey meter, which offers excellent sensitivity to low levels of alpha, beta, gamma,and x-rays and has built in efficiencies for common isotopes to calculate activity in Bq and DPM. It has a back-lit digital display, a red count light, and a beeper that sounds with each count detected. Other features include selectable alert levels, an adjustable timer, and an optional wipe test plate for swipes. Internal memory and the free Observer USB Software allow you to download your data, set computer alarms, and download your collected data from the internal memory for easy reporting.
3340 CPM/mR/hr referenced to Cs137
• Detects Alpha down to 2 MeV.
• Detects Beta down to .16 MeV; typical detection efficiency at 1 MeV is approx. 25%.
• Detects Gamma down to 10 KeV through the end window. Smallest detectable level
for I125 is .02 μCi at contact.
35Sulfur (S35), 90Strontium (Sr/y90), 137Cesium(Cs137), 32Phosphorus (P32), 14Carbon (C14),131Iodine (I131), 60Cobalt (Co60), and Alpha
Internal Halogen-quenched, uncompensated GM tube with thin mica window, 1.4-2.0 mg/cm2 areal density. Effective diameter of window is 45 mm (1.77 in.).
Display will update every 3 seconds. At low background levels, the update is the moving average for the past 30-second time period. The timed period for the moving average decreases as the radiation level increases.
mR/hr - .001 (1μR) to 100 CPM - 0 to 350,000 μSv/hr - .01 to 1000 CPS - 0 to 5000
Total/ Timer - 1 to 9,999,000 counts
(Referenced to Cs137) Typically ±15% from factory, ±10% with NIST Source Calibration
140 X 68 X 33 mm (5.5 X 2.7 X 1.3 in.)
- Backlit Graphic LCD with
- Count Light
- Red LED flashes with each radiation event
- Alert Set Range mR/hr .001 - 100 and CPM 1 - 350,000
- Alarm Indicator
- Internal beeper. 70db @ 1m. (can be switched off for silent operation)
- USB for use with Observer USB
- Anti-Saturation Meter will hold at full scale in fields as high as 100 times the maximum reading.
- Power Requirements: Two AA alkaline batteries. Approx. 800 hrs @ background.
- Carrying Case, Xtreme Boot, Stand, Detector Cover, Lanyard, Mini-USB Cable, Observer USB Software Download, Certificate of Conformance
- Options : Wipe Test Plate, Swipes, NIST Calibration
- 1 year limited warranty