Micro-Deval Machine, 115V 60Hz
Micro-Deval is a second-generation, state-of-the-art machine. A sophisticated electronic controller with an optical sensing system accurately tracks test time, total revolutions, and the rpm of jars. Test duration may be controlled by either elapsed time or total revolutions. Jars stop within a fraction of one revolution at test termination. Jar revolution and speed data may also be used as a verification of machine performance. The Micro-Deval Machine meets current ASTM, AASHTO, and Canadian test methods, as well as more stringent Texas DOT requirements. This contemporary version of the Micro-Deval test should not be confused with older versions originating in Europe which use different equipment and test protocol.
The increasingly popular Micro-Deval test measures the abrasion resistance and durability of fine and coarse mineral aggregates. An aggregate sample is placed in a sealed stainless steel jar with an abrasive charge of up to 5,000g of 9.5mm diameter stainless steel balls and water, then rotated at 100rpm for two hours. Aggregate quality is determined by percentage loss in gradation results at completion. Smaller equipment sizes, lower sample quantities, and simpler procedures make the Micro-Deval method easier and less costly to perform than other test methods.
- Easiest and safest in the industry
- The multi-function electronic controller tracks time, speed, and total revolutions
- Smaller equipment size and lower sample quantities provide a simple, cost-effective operation
- Compliant with ASTM, AASHTO, Canadian, and stringent Texas DOT specifications
- Lexan™ doors with safety interlocks to enclose moving parts
- Micro-Deval Apparatus
- (2) Jars
- (2) 5,500g Abrasive charge sets