Prentex Vacuum Degassing Oven - VDO 9900
Prentex VDO 9900
The Prentex VDO 9900 degasses through the use of an integrated self-contained vacuum oven and vacuum supply controlled by a digital microprocessor with the vacuum pressure indicated directly in kPa absolute, as specified in the Standard Practice, providing the operator with simplicity of operation and reducing the chance of error in performing the degassing process.
The measurement method differs from most vacuum ovens in that conventional vacuum ovens measure temperature of the “vacuum”, which by definition a very poor conductor of heat. Instead, our device measures where degassed asphalt temperature has shown to stabilize; namely, at the aluminum support for the sample tins which is machined from 1⁄4” [6.4mm] thick aluminum.
Samples being degassed may be monitored visually through the glass viewing window located on the units cover.General Specifications
- 1: 115-125 Volts, 60 Hz AC, 10 Amps max.
- 2: 220-230 Volts, 50 Hz AC, 5 Amps max.
- 25” wide by 17.75” deep by 14.5” high; (360mm X 450mm X 370mm)
- 60lbs (27 kg)
- Shipping weight: 70lbs
- Degrees Celsius Preset Preheat: 170*C
- Direct-reading Relative Pressure Gauge mounted to align with external kPa
- Absolute Scale reads 0 to -30 Hg and 0 to -115 kPa
- Integral Temperature with 2-stage timing and relay control of vacuum system
- Alerts operator to load sample
- Adjustment is provided through a 10-turn metering valve located on the removable lid
- 10 minute reheat time followed by 30 minutes of heat with vacuum