Speedy® 2000 Moisture Tester (20g)
Item #: MT-7452
The Series 2000 Speedy®
***Does not include moisture testing reagent calcium carbide****
- Moisture tester is a portable system for measuring the moisture content of a wide range of materials including soils, aggregates, dust and powders (and liquids).
- The system consists of a low pressure vessel fitted with a pressure gauge and an electronic scale and test accessories.
- Moisture measurements are made by mixing a weighed sample of the material with a calcium carbide reagent in the sealed pressure vessel.
- The reagent reacts chemically with water in the sample, producing acetylene gas that in turn increases the pressure within the vessel.
- The pressure increase in the vessel is proportional to the amount of water in the sample, the moisture content can be read directly from the calibrated pressure gauge.
- The Speedy has an accuracy of 0.5% on most materials and the gauge can be calibrated from 0-20% moisture, based on wet weight.
- Test speeds range from 45 seconds to 3 minutes depending on material. The tester is supplied complete with heavy-duty plastic carrying case, electronic balance (0-200g and battery operated), beaker, cleaning cloth, cap, and washer.
- If calcium carbide is needed please call in for pricing (984) 242-0470